· Ensure category offers the right products at the right time for the right price.
· Anticipate and capitalize on market trends.
· Develop marketing plans, monitor sales and manage promotions and effective use of social media tools.
· Increase sales volume and improve inventory turnover speed.
· Take charge of the ordering, pricing, merchandising and inventory control.
· Conducting competition analysis, setting competitive pricing and optimizing prices as necessary to increase sales and/or clear out stagnant items from inventory.
· Ability to learn products quickly and address consumer needs.
· Determine the right product mix for the store. Expand successful product ranges and discontinue unsuccessful merchandise.
· Implement planograms. Provide customer satisfaction by making it easier for customers to find items they are looking for.
· Maintain a productive relationship with vendors.
· Negotiating pricing, delivery and payment terms with vendors.
· Reports to Brand Manager
· The ability to analyze and make key decisions to support category operations based on key data
· A thorough understanding of retail insights
· Strong people management skills and the ability to manage and persuade at all levels
· Previous experience and knowledge of a retail environment
Candidates should have a good command of written and spoken English
A degree in business, management, sales or marketing
● Social Media
● Attention to details
● Problem solving
● Retail management
• CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Put “Category manager” in the subject line